Francisco A. Duarte
Francisco began his journey into law as a young teenager observing the injustices that befell poor people in the streets of New York City. Although he enjoyed the sciences, he was compelled to advocate for individual rights, leading him to University at Buffalo School of Law. He transitioned to the Pacific Northwest shortly after receiving his Juris Doctorate degree. Since 1994, he has practiced as an Assistant Attorney General, a Deputy Prosecutor for King County and a Partner at the law firm of Fox Bowman & Duarte PLLC. He is now the Managing Partner at Fury Duarte PS, handling criminal trial work and a robust personal injury practice.
Over the last 30 years, Francisco has received countless awards and accolades including: Top Twenty-five Super Lawyers in Criminal Defense, Washington Law & Politics Magazine; Super Lawyer, Washington Law & Politics 2004 – Present; Best Lawyers in America 2013 – Present.
You can also find Francisco’s articles in publications for the Washington State Trial Lawyers Association, Washington Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers and the King County Bar Association and watch him teach at legal education seminars sponsored by the Trial Lawyers College, National Institute for Trial Advocacy, the National College of DUI Defense and Justice Advocacy Africa.
Connecting with clients and making a real difference for people in crisis are daily motivators to grow and continue his work at Fury Duarte PS.
Misdemeanor & Felony Offenses
Vehicular Homicides & Assaults
Serious Traffic Offenses
State University of New York, Buffalo School of Law, Buffalo, New York
J.D. – 1994
State University of New York, University at Albany
B.A. – 1987
Your content goes here. Edit or remove this text inline or in the module Content settings. You can also style every aspect of this content in the module Design settings and even apply custom CSS to this text in the module Advanced settings.
Learn More About Francisco’s Credentials
- Fox Bowman Duarte, PLLC, Partner, 1998 to 2010
- King County Prosecuting Attorney’s Office, Deputy Prosecuting Attorney, 1995 to 1998
- Office of the Washington State Attorney General, Assistant Attorney General, 1994 to 1995
- Bermingham & Cook, PC, Law Clerk, 1992 to 1994
- Ways and Means Committee, Assembly, New York State Legislature, Legislative Budget Analyst for Higher Education, 1987 to 1991
- Did Donahue Reverse 40 years of Criminal Precedence, Trial News, WSTLA
- Cross-Examination—It’s All about Story Telling, Defense Magazine, WACDL
- DUI Law Awaiting High Court Ruling, Bar Bulletin, KCBA
- DUI Law, Defense Magazine, WACDL
- The Patriot Act—Not so Patriotic!, Warrior, Trial Lawyers College
- Blood Chapter (only), Defending DUIs in Washington – Book (Lexis/Nexis)
- An Interview with the USA Patriot Act, WSBA Criminal Law Section
- Reducing DUIs: Doomed to Repeat History?, Bar Bulletin, KCBA
- Washington State Bar Association
- EAGLE, Member Washington State Association for Justice
- Former fellow, The William L. Dwyer American Inn of Court
- Former Chair and Board of Director, Lawyers Helping Hungry Children
- Former Secretary and Board Member, Seattle Shakespeare Company
- Fellow, Litigation Counsel of America
- Former Chair and Executive Board of Director, WSBA Criminal Law Section
- Member, Washington Foundation for Criminal Justice
- Founding Member, Northwest Academy of DUI Defense
- Former Chair and Steering Committee Member, WSBA Criminal Justice Institute
- Former member, Washington Pattern Jury Instructions Motor Vehicle Crimes Subcommittee
- Former Chair, WACDL Public Education Committee