We Believe In Helping People

  1. Home
  2.  » 
  3. Personal Injury
  4.  » Lawsuit filed after shopper falls and suffers injuries

Lawsuit filed after shopper falls and suffers injuries

On Behalf of | Jan 5, 2022 | Personal Injury

For most Washington residents, visiting restaurants, restaurants and other public places is a normal daily activity. It goes without saying that no one really expects to be involved in an accident and suffer injuries while shopping or visiting a public establishment. However, hazards capable of causing accidents can exist in the form of seemingly minor things such as damp walkways or foreign objects lying on floors. Premises liability laws say that the owners of public establishments must keep their property safe for all lawful visitors.

Accident details

Recently in another state, a man filed a lawsuit after he allegedly suffered injuries while shopping in a grocery store. According to the lawsuit, the man visited the grocery store and encountered a large floor display of sodas in an aisle. Allegedly, the man attempted to go around the display but tripped on a part of the display that was very low to the ground and protruding forward.

Lawsuit filed

The man claimed that when he fell the display design made it hard for him to be seen by other customers who were approaching the display. It is alleged that he suffered severe, painful and permanent injuries due to the accident. He seeks to hold the defendant responsible over claims of negligence and seeks damages for lost wages, medical expenses, future mental anguish and disability.

The owners of shops, restaurants and other public places have an obligation to provide a safe, hazard-free environment for all customers. Unfortunately, it’s not always easy to prove to a court that a property owner should be financially responsible when a person is injured. That’s where an experienced legal representative can help. Those in Washington who suffer injuries due to the negligence of business or property owners may want to consider speaking with a knowledgeable attorney who can help them file a premises liability claim.

Share This